Saturday, January 9, 2010

first antibiotic injection

As the title suggested.


I gave my very first antibiotic injection to a patient! :D
It wasn't a complicated procedure at all but it was a good hand-on start for me! I did history taking and ECG too, though the ECG part I was a bit kelam kabut with the entangled wires. Afternoon session was the one with more learning opportunities as more cases came in. Mornings are too cold for patients to attend, especially patients who slipped and fell on the ice who delayed their presentations. Many of them recently.

Major cases in these 2 days, 1 farmer got his left ring and little finger amputated in a machine, and an old lady burnt herself when her blanket got on fire when she was smoking. The rest are mostly minor, and some didn't even need any treatment.

Staying long hours in ED without drinking much water gave me sore throat. But who cares, supermacs chips and fried chicken are too irresistable! XD
And oh forgot to mention, I was late today.

0 msgs: