Stayed back in the afternoon waiting for a patient referred from Mayo.
What's so interesting about him that I sacrificed my Fri afternoon to stay back? Well..I didn't know also initially. I was just told that he's a Burmese, and he has an obvious clinical sign on his chest. Curiosity kills a cat. From his history, he was presented with coughing out 'blood' (orangy yellowish frothy fluid) on exertion. When auscultating his heart, I was amazed by the loud, clear diastolic murmur. There was a visible pulsation on his chest too. In fact, he has mitral stenosis and aortic regurgitation which could be due to previous rheumatic fever. Poor guy, he is only 24.
It was not my first IV cannulation but my first experience being cannulated. Don't know where did I get the courage that I let S cannulated me on both my antecubital fossa. Unfortunately both attempts failed. She let me cannulate her once in return. When I almost succeeded, I gave up because she was complaining of pain. Was thinking of flushing some more haha!
Another fruitful day!
Saturday, May 8, 2010
of diastolic murmur and IV cannulation
Posted by iamlz at 2:46 AM
Labels: cardiothoracic
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 msgs:
Post a Comment