Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Doctors too many?

I am currently going through application process for housemanship (HO).

Read through many articles by various professionals, including specialists of different departments, MOs, HOs, and even medical students. The current situation of HO overload scares me quite a bit. 2 years ago, it took only 2 weeks from reaching Malaysia to reporting to the designated hospital. But for the past few months, I have heard stories of my friends waiting for months and months, even up to a year and still remain unemployed.

Looking back in my university in Ireland, there are only ~20 Malaysians in my batch. The current first year batch, under the new government selection system, has ~70 Malaysian students. Rumours said that the coming years will keep the same number of intake, or worse, more. I can't help feeling sorry for my juniors, but at the same time worrying about my future. 泥菩萨过江,自身难保啊。

The current situation put me into a dilemma of whether I should register by post, or in person. The difference between 1 hour and 2 weeks is a huge difference. I would have been pushed way behind in these 2 weeks. But being far from KL and Putrajaya, the hassle of registering in person put me into consideration. At this point of time, guess I have to be more kiasu really.

Best of luck to myself.

0 msgs: