Tuesday, March 9, 2010

of ingrowth toenail and sleeve gastrectomy

So fast the weekend came, and so fast it ended.

Witnessed a ingrowth toenail surgery on Fri. It was just..ouch! The patient was a teenage girl who almost cried when being injected local anaesthetic. It was a minor surgery that involved cutting the sides of the toenail all the way to the 'root', then cut the flesh at the inner edges of the nail to 'dig' out the 'root'. Ouch ouch!! So painful! How powerful an anaesthetic is, the nervous girl was smiling and joking throughout the whole procedure. The whole procedure was really 'painful' but the toe looked much cleaner and tidier in the end. Wow!

Half of the weekend daytime were spent sleeping. Attended a potluck dinner with China chinese and Hongkee. Ooh ohhh I love gathering I love potluck! We played mafia and sang K till 2am and as a result, I missed the next day's church. Don't misunderstand, I'm still a Buddhist, was intending to join their St Patrick's day parade that's why planned to show up once.

Today is a busy day that I stayed till almost 6pm. Witnessed a laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy in the morning. So many things went wrong that Prof McA got very mad. Took a history of a teenage girl having pancreatitis, and presented to McA's intern. She was so particular and strict but so helpful! I got back my semangat to take histories and present to her!

Am recently planning a trip during summer and please please..I need cheaper air tic!

2 msgs:

chilli tang said...

*gasp* i think i have ingrown toenail as well! do i need to remove it??

iamlz said...

yea i think u should remove it before a surgeon does that for u!