Last week's rotation marked the end of my RESP strand. While other fellow uni-mates are busy preparing for exams, we still have 1 more month of attachment to go. == That doesn't include the almost-nil study week and exams yet. Uhh!
Sneaked into the theatre last week before my turn for peri-op started. Surprisingly, that's when I have all the LMA inserted (including 1 that I 'stole' from my fellow colleague). Nevertheless, this week I got to do 2 intubations!! Feel super honoured! ^^
Inside the theatre, we as students often stand at the side watching and waiting. There are all sorts of people in the theatre. Some jerks just wouldn't let you do anything, at all! Whereas some nice people will include you in everything, and will explain things to you patiently. I'm lucky to meet this nurse Margaret who addressed me Lily (wonder where did she get that).
"Lily, would you pass me xxx please."
"Lily, would you help me with this?"
"Lily, ..."
Her friendly instructions made my day in the theatre! Isn't it easy enough to make a medical student happy?
I enjoy anaesthesia so much that, I'm considering anaesthesia as my future career. Any advice? ;)

1 msgs:
maybe she didn't know how to pronounce your name. Not lily, maybe it's lizi... sth like that and you heard wrong? HAHAHA
Post a Comment